Re: Strange issue where lilypond runs a line off the page

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: Strange issue where lilypond runs a line off the page
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2022 17:10:07 -0700

On 2022-08-29 4:03 pm, Galen Hazelwood wrote:
I don't see what other event it could be talking about. I don't know if
this is an actual problem, or my understanding of lilypond isn't good
enough yet.

It is an unbreakable beam that is blocking things. Your \override for Beam.breakable applies only to the current Voice context. When you create the two new Voices within the << >> construct, neither will see the overridden property.

You have a few options. You can move the \override to the inner Voice that has the problematic beam, or you can make the outer \override apply to the Staff context instead:

%%%%
  \override Staff.Beam.breakable = ##t
%%%%

-- Aaron Hill