Re: stringNumber fontsize and half position

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: stringNumber fontsize and half position
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 11:39:17 +1000

Well half position is just a half step back from first position. Very rarely used.

What do you actually mean? I think you may be referring to moving the finger up or down a half step in a given position, yes? In which case there are different notations. some use L and H - low and high. I have also seen + and -.

This may be helpful:

https://fiddlersguide.com/blog/how-many-positions-are-there-on-a-violin/

Pardon me if you know all this already!

Andrew