Padding paper setting not honored

From: Knute Snortum
Subject: Padding paper setting not honored
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 16:33:45 -0700

Hi everyone,

I have a problem that is unfortunately very difficult to reproduce.
It seems in some circumstances that the padding setting in the paper
block is not honored.  I've attached a screenshot.  In the middle you
can see that the slur from the bottom stave is going through the pedal
marking of the top stave.  It looks like the padding is measured from
the ottava bracket and not the slur, but that's just a guess.

I have tried and failed to create a MWE.  I've attached my attempt but
unfortunately it does not reproduce the problem. (I couldn't get the
ottava bracket below the slur which may be why the MWE fails.)

For the brave, I have uploaded my source files to GitHub:
https://github.com/ksnortum/chopin-opus-25/tree/main

If anyone is willing to tackle this problem, it would be much appreciated.

--
Knute Snortum