More efficient way to code some fingering?

From: Joseph Srednicki
Subject: More efficient way to code some fingering?
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2022 18:48:29 +0000 (UTC)

The example below shows some fingerings as I would like them to appear.

Is there a better and more efficient way to code this music and achieve the same result without using multiple \finger commands for the same note?

(I am placing the fingerings above the notes to indicate clearly that they pertain to right hand. In some places, the left hand must strike some notes in the second or lower voice. My score places any fingering pertaining to the left hand below the notes in the second voice. Therefore, I do not want to place any right-hand fingerings below the notes of the second voice.)

If the Lilypond documentation or snippets provide a good example of a better way to do what I am trying to achieve and I missed it, please point me to appropriate references.

Thanks for any advice.

Joe Srednicki

*****************************
\version "2.22.2"
\language "english"

global = {
  \key c \major
  \numericTimeSignature
  \time 2/4
}

rightOne = \relative c'' {
  \global
  e4^5 fs^\finger "2" ^\finger "5" |
}

rightTwo = \relative c'' {
  \global

  c16 b c^\finger "2" ^\finger "5-4" d c e d c |
}

\score {
  \new PianoStaff
  <<
    \new Staff = "right" << \rightOne \\ \rightTwo >>