Lilypond/Frescobaldi on Mac Os 12

From: Mark Mathias
Subject: Lilypond/Frescobaldi on Mac Os 12
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2022 08:27:20 -0400

I am introducing an orchestra teacher friend to Lilypond/Frescobaldi. We tried to install Lilypond on a Mac Os 12 notebook, but got an error message saying Lilypond wasn't compatible with that version. Our next step will be to install it on her home PC, but at some point it would be nice to be able to use her Mac at work with Lilypond.

Is there anything we can do besides wait? If that is the case, does anyone have an idea of how long the wait will be?

As always, thank you!
Mark