Re: Add extra space before key cancellation and a new key signature

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Add extra space before key cancellation and a new key signature
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2022 12:58:06 +0200

Le 19/10/2022 à 12:42, Volodymyr Prokopyuk a écrit :
Hi,

Could you please help me with the below situation?

*Context*

I've changed the order of key cancellation and a new key signature to be placed before the bar line with the following code

keyChangeBeforeBar = \once \override Score.BreakAlignment.break-align-orders =
  #(make-vector 3 '(
     left-edge
     staff-ellipsis
     cue-end-clef
     ambitus
     breathing-sign
     signum-repetitionis
     clef
     cue-clef
     key-cancellation
     key-signature
     staff-bar
     time-signature
     custos))

Now I use \keyChangeBeforeBar \key g \major to change the key at the end of the score with the below result

*Problem*
The key cancellation and a new key signature are *too close to the last note* g'.

*Question*
How can I *add extra space before the key cancellation* and a new key signature?

I tried a few options following the documentation but with no luck.

\version "2.23.14"

keyChangeBeforeBar =
  \once \override Score.BreakAlignment.break-align-orders =
  #(make-vector 3 '(
     left-edge
     staff-ellipsis
     cue-end-clef
     ambitus
     breathing-sign
     signum-repetitionis
     clef
     cue-clef
     key-cancellation
     key-signature
     staff-bar
     time-signature
     custos))

\fixed c' {
  \key g \minor
  s2 b16 a g fis g4
  \keyChangeBeforeBar
  \once \override Staff.KeyCancellation.extra-spacing-width = #'(-2 . 0)
  \key g \major
}

Have a look at this page:
https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.23/Documentation/notation/spacing-between-adjacent-columns.html