Re: Add extra space before key cancellation and a new key signature

From: Volodymyr Prokopyuk
Subject: Re: Add extra space before key cancellation and a new key signature
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2022 15:37:22 +0200

Hi Jean,

Thank you very much for your help! I really appreciate the quick response and useful content!

Thank you,
Vlad

On Wed, Oct 19, 2022 at 12:58 PM Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> wrote:

Le 19/10/2022 à 12:42, Volodymyr Prokopyuk a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Could you please help me with the below situation?
>
> *Context*
>
> I've changed the order of key cancellation and a new key signature to
> be placed before the bar line with the following code
>
> keyChangeBeforeBar = \once \override
> Score.BreakAlignment.break-align-orders =
>   #(make-vector 3 '(
>      left-edge
>      staff-ellipsis
>      cue-end-clef
>      ambitus
>      breathing-sign
>      signum-repetitionis
>      clef
>      cue-clef
>      key-cancellation
>      key-signature
>      staff-bar
>      time-signature
>      custos))
>
> Now I use \keyChangeBeforeBar \key g \major to change the key at the
> end of the score with the below result
>

> *Problem*
> The key cancellation and a new key signature are *too close to the
> last note* g'.
>
> *Question*
> How can I *add extra space before the key cancellation* and a new key
> signature?
>
> I tried a few options following the documentation but with no luck.

\version "2.23.14"

keyChangeBeforeBar =
   \once \override Score.BreakAlignment.break-align-orders =
   #(make-vector 3 '(
      left-edge
      staff-ellipsis
      cue-end-clef
      ambitus
      breathing-sign
      signum-repetitionis
      clef
      cue-clef
      key-cancellation
      key-signature
      staff-bar
      time-signature
      custos))

\fixed c' {
   \key g \minor
   s2 b16 a g fis g4
   \keyChangeBeforeBar
   \once \override Staff.KeyCancellation.extra-spacing-width = #'(-2 . 0)
   \key g \major
}

Have a look at this page:
https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.23/Documentation/notation/spacing-between-adjacent-columns.html