Re: Error when running LilyPond on Windows

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Error when running LilyPond on Windows
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2022 20:56:08 +0200

Le 25/10/2022 à 19:25, Jakub a écrit :
When I merely try to run lilypond, whether it be from the command line or from the actual desktop icon, I am greeted with the following error:
-------------------------------
GNU LilyPond 2.22.2
Fontconfig error: Cannot load default config file
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::logic_error'
what(): basic_string::_S_construct null not valid

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
I have no clue how to fix this or what it even could mean.
Any ideas?

That is strange. What version of Windows are you using? Did it work in the past? Can you try the current unstable version, 2.23.80 (https://lilypond.org/development.html)?

Best,
Jean