Recitative in Chant music

From: thedoctor81877
Subject: Recitative in Chant music
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2022 23:45:02 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I have another question pleae. I have typeset several Orthodox liturgical music chant settings. Before, I would type out every sylable of the music even where there is a "recitative" (several word on the same chord.

However, I have a score somone had sent me, that, for the recitative parts, prints only the chord at the beginning of the recitative, and the chord at the end. For the exmample I was sent, only the altoWords line.

But, I am not sure how to use this, and am working on mastering it; and could use some help please. Here is part of what I have:

sopMusic = \relative c'' {
  % Music follows here.
  \set Timing.measureLength = #(ly:make-moment 13/4)
  g'4 g a2(b) g4 g g a b c2 \bar""
  \set Timing.measureLength = #(ly:make-moment 2/4)
  b4 b \bar""
  \set Timing.measureLength = #(ly:make-moment 5/4)
  a2 g2 \bar""
}

altoMusic = \relative c'' {
  \set Timing.measureLength = #(ly:make-moment 13/4)
  d4 d fs2(g) g4 g g g g g2 \bar""
  \set Timing.measureLength = #(ly:make-moment 2/4)
  g4 g \bar""
  \set Timing.measureLength = #(ly:make-moment 4/4)
  fs2 d2 \bar""
}

altoWords = \lyricmode {
  When the stone __ had been sealed by the Jews,
  \once \override LyricText.self-alignment-X = #LEFT
  while_the_soldiers_were_guar -- ding_Thy_most -- pure
  \once \override LyricText.self-alignment-X = #CENTER
  Bo -- dy.
  \once \override LyricText.self-alignment-X = #LEFT

}

So. the recitative should have:

"While the soldiers .. most-pure"

and Bod--y for the last two half-notes. Also, I seem to have 2 extra g4 in the alto line for the recitative.

I am not sure how to change and adress this; I have been trying to change the underlines and such in the lyrics but to no avail.

Thanks,

Michael D

--
Sent with Tutanota, enjoy secure & ad-free emails.