Re: New hosting for Urs Liska's Scheme WIP book

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: New hosting for Urs Liska's Scheme WIP book
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2022 14:43:40 +0100

Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> writes:

> Le 04/11/2022 à 12:09, Jean Abou Samra a écrit :
>> Also, you will have surprises with \relative because
>> the note appears twice, with its octave marks. You
>> can use make-relative to fix that.
>
> P.S. The Internals Reference gives a (quite technical) explanation of
> make-relative:
>
> https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.23/Documentation/internals/scheme-functions

That description is a bunch of incomprehensible gobbledegook unsuitable
for figuring out anything you don't know already.

Whoever wrote that...  Wait, that was me.

Scheme function doc strings were not printed in the manuals back then
but that is not much of a defense.  Maybe I need to try again.  Or
someone else, assuming that anybody understands what this is supposed to
do.

--
David Kastrup