Re: Tie with slash (caesura) on the curve

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: Tie with slash (caesura) on the curve
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2022 12:39:14 +1100

Never say anything is technically unplayable for pianists. Some of the technical ability of contemporary players leaves me breathless.

What you are after perhaps is an editorial tie. Dorico has them, with a single bar through the middle. I know its not exactly the same. I'm sure I have come across editorial ties in Lilypond but just right now I can't find anything,

Sorry this does not help much,  but searching for editorial tie may help. I'll keep having a look around.

Speaking as a player and an engraver, I'd just use a plain tie. If it cant be done, then a player wont do it - fairly straightforward and very common occurrence.

Andrew