Re: LilyPond 2.23.81

From: Knute Snortum
Subject: Re: LilyPond 2.23.81
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2022 13:36:39 -0800

On Sun, Nov 13, 2022 at 9:38 AM Jonas Hahnfeld via LilyPond user
discussion <lilypond-user@gnu.org> wrote:

> We are happy to announce the release of LilyPond 2.23.81. This is the
> second release candidate towards the next stable version 2.24.0
> expected in December. Please test your scores with this version and
> report back the experience as well as any problems you encounter.
> Please refer to the Installing section in the Learning Manual for
> instructions how to set up the provided binaries:
> https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.23/Documentation/learning/installing

I successfully ran a seven movement piece with 2.23.81 in both Linux
22.04 and Windows 11.

Just a note on the Windows side.  Norton did not like lilypond.exe at
all and Windows didn't either.  Lots of blocking the program from
writing.  I don't know if anything can be done on the LilyPond side.
Do people register their programs and certify them or something?

--
Knute Snortum