Re: Hiding lyrics extenders on empty measures

From: Jacques Menu
Subject: Re: Hiding lyrics extenders on empty measures
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2022 09:41:23 +0100

Hello Werner,

As it turns out, it’s Score.LyricHyphen.stencil I have to play with, since in
my actual score, the end of the word 'Kum — ba — ya' occurs at the beginning of
the coda :

TIFF image

But :

        \override Score.LyricHyphen.stencil = ##f
        kum — ba --
        \revert Score.LyricHyphen.stencil
        ya

prevents the hyphen I need  after ‘ba’ at the end of measure 13 from being
visible : it’s either all hyphens of none of them.

So I use :

    Lo -- ord Kum --
    \once  \override LyricText.X-offset = #-0.5
    "ba  -"

instead, at the cost of this minus sign being slightly too thick.

Would be nice to be able to be able to hide all the hyphens except the first
one in such a situation.

A nice day!

JM