2.24 weirdness with slurred chords

From: Michael Werner
Subject: 2.24 weirdness with slurred chords
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2022 12:57:36 -0500

Hey all. Ran into a bit of weirdness when trying to do slurred chords. I'm wanting a slur between each of the matching notes within the chord. And most of them are working as desired. Except one that has decided to be recalcitrant. Here's an MWE showing this.

\version "2.24.0"
\language "english"

\relative c'' {
  b4 b b
  < b\1\=1( f\2\=2( b,\3\=3( >4   < b\1\=1) f\2\=2) b,\3\=3) >
  < e,\1\=1( b\2\=2( e,\3\=3( >2.  < e\1\=1) b\2\=2) e,\3\=3) >2
}

image.png

The quarter note chords are slurred as desired. But for some reason the dotted half chord just won't cooperate. If I change the duration to anything without a dot it works - all 3 slurs appear. But with the dot on there it just won't show all 3 slurs. Yet in the tab staff all three slurs are shown.

image.png

Oddly, the same MWE in 2.22.2 almost works. It shows all three slurs, but in the wrong positions.

image.png

Have I somehow managed to break something here? Or have I managed to actually find a bug?  Generally I wouldn't bother trying to slur all the notes within the chord, but I'm trying to reproduce an existing score that's written that way. Fortunately I just need the tab staff for the chords, so I'm okay for now. I'm just kinda curious as to what's going on.

Thanks,
Michael