Re: Spacing problems with hidden notes

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: Spacing problems with hidden notes
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2022 20:23:44 +0100

On Tue, 27 Dec 2022 at 18:43, Owen Le Blanc <zlsiial@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm doing a lot with hidden notes because of having ties and slurs
> between voices.  Sometimes this causes spacing problems, presumably
> because the hidden notes are offset relative to the visible ones.
> Note the dot after the G in this example.

Hello,

Your problem is indeed apparent if you make the hidden notes visible (without \hideNotes).
In this case I would suggest to remove \voiceThree in your "lower" and instead use \voiceTwo or \stemDown.
So your (half hidden) unisons are stemmed differently and the noteheads can be merged (see for yourself without \hideNotes), thus preventing your problem.

Cheers,
Xavier

--
Xavier Scheuer <x.scheuer@gmail.com>