Frescobaldi & edition engraver

From: Michael Dietz
Subject: Frescobaldi & edition engraver
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2023 01:21:09 +0100

Hi,

after a few years, I come back to LilyPond. I just installed the latest stable version 2.24. Thanks a lot for it.

Working on Ubuntu 22.04, I now have two issues:
- How to use Frescobaldi (I really enjoyed it but it crashes on startup)
- How to get the latest edition engraver (I heavily used it)

1. Frescobaldi

While Frescobaldi is still in the Ubuntu packages, it does crash when starting it with the following message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/frescobaldi/frescobaldi_app/qpageview/highlight.py", line
209, in paintEvent
    super().paintEvent(ev)  # first paint the contents
  File "/usr/share/frescobaldi/frescobaldi_app/qpageview/shadow.py", line 43,
in paintEvent
    rect = ev.rect().adjusted(-width, -width, width / 2, width / 2)
TypeError: adjusted(self, int, int, int, int): argument 1 has unexpected type
'float'

I tried to fix all those int/float type issues but after fixing a lot of them, I finally gave up. Is there a recipe to install and use Frescobaldi on Ubuntu?

2. OpenLilyLib

I still have a local copy of OpenLilyLib (with master on 75adb418 from 2015-07-07). Is there a more recent version of it and in particular the edition engraver?

Best,
Michael