Re: Fit to one/n pages

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Fit to one/n pages
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2023 19:08:22 -0500

Hi Mark,

> Okay. I did that and when I move the \paper (yes, my bad, I did write \page)
> into the \bookpart it generates a separate PDF for each \bookpart

Hmmm… It should generate a page break between bookparts, but shouldn’t generate
a new PDF!!

> Here is a slightly convoluted example of my input by way of example (in
> reality these elements are spread over different files and included to create
> the output). I can get around this with externally by combining the PDFs, but
> I wonder if there is something I’m doing wrong here

Hope the modified snippet, below, helps!
Kieren.

%%%%  SNIPPET BEGINS
\version "2.24"

melody = \relative c' {
  \clef treble
  \key d \minor
  \time 4/4
  a2 bes4 c | d2 ees8 c d bes |
}

tune = {
  \new Staff \melody
}

page-one = \paper {
  page-count = 1
}

song-one = {
  \tune
}

song-two = {
  \tune
}

\book {

  %%  Page 1
  \markuplist \table-of-contents
  \pageBreak

  %%  Bookpart 1 (to be followed by a pagebreak)
  \bookpart {
    \header {
      title = "Foo Bar 1"
      composer = "Whoisit 1"
    }
    \tocItem \markup "Song One"
    \page-one
    \song-one
  }

  %%  Bookpart 2 (to be followed by a pagebreak)
  \bookpart {
    \header {
      title = "Foo Bar 2"
      composer = "Whoisit 2"