Re: Is there a simple way to test for command line options?

From: Hans Aikema
Subject: Re: Is there a simple way to test for command line options?
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2023 01:07:37 +0100

On 10 Jan 2023, at 00:01, Kevin Cole <dc.loco@gmail.com> wrote:

Is there a way, within a .ly file to conditionally include sections
based on command line options?

Specifically, I would like to have \paper settings go one way for
"lilypond --pdf" and another way for "lilypond --svg".

Kevin,

don't know of a way with inspecting commandline options, but if environment variables will do for your case: I have the following pattern in use to switch between two page layouts that mainly differ in the \paper block
myLayout = #(string-append "layout/" (getenv "MY_BASE") "PageSetup.ily")
\include \myLayout
Kind regards,
Hans