Re: Is there a simple way to test for command line options?

From: Kevin Cole
Subject: Re: Is there a simple way to test for command line options?
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2023 19:59:40 -0500

On Mon, Jan 9, 2023 at 7:07 PM Hans Aikema <hans.aikema@aikebah.net> wrote:
On 10 Jan 2023, at 00:01, Kevin Cole <dc.loco@gmail.com> wrote:
Is there a way, within a .ly file to conditionally include sections
based on command line options?

Specifically, I would like to have \paper settings go one way for
"lilypond --pdf" and another way for "lilypond --svg".

Kevin,

don't know of a way with inspecting commandline options, but if environment variables will do for your case: I have the following pattern in use to switch between two page layouts that mainly differ in the \paper block
myLayout = #(string-append "layout/" (getenv "MY_BASE") "PageSetup.ily")
\include \myLayout

Not quite what I was hoping for, but, yes, thanks. I believe I can make that work reasonably nicely for me. (I can use the environment variable in a shell script to choose the CLI options as well as in the wee bit you included, effectively achieving the same thing.)