Re: irrational meters

From: J Martin Rushton
Subject: Re: irrational meters
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2023 14:40:09 +0000

I would have thought so. I assumed this post was about weird modern music. Irregular grabs my attention though, I occasionally try to set plainchant.
Martin

On Tue, 2023-01-17 at 15:20 +0100, Silvain Dupertuis wrote:
I wonder about the term “irrational” meter. Should not we say “irregular” ??
as in mathematics, an irrational number is a number which cannot be represented as a fraction...