Re: Unexpected warning message

From: Valentin Petzel
Subject: Re: Unexpected warning message
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2023 14:06:05 +0100

Hello Paul,

this error occurs because the TrillPitchAccidental grob does not specify an
outside-slur property, so it warns and defaults to 'ignore.

To get rid of the warning specify a suitable value. Accidental uses 'inside,
if you do not want to change behaviour choose 'ignore. Here is a demo of how
this can affect the score:

{
  \override TrillPitchAccidental.avoid-slur = #'ignore
  d'( \pitchedTrill cis'8[\startTrillSpan gis d'])\stopTrillSpan
}
{
  \override TrillPitchAccidental.avoid-slur = #'outside
  d'( \pitchedTrill cis'8[\startTrillSpan gis d'])\stopTrillSpan
}
{
  \override TrillPitchAccidental.avoid-slur = #'ignore
  d'( \pitchedTrill cis'8[\startTrillSpan eis g])\stopTrillSpan
}
{
  \override TrillPitchAccidental.avoid-slur = #'inside
  d'( \pitchedTrill cis'8[\startTrillSpan eis g])\stopTrillSpan
}

Note that in your case this does not matter, as the Accidental is recognized
to happen at the same time as the Slur, but in fact the Slur ends at that time
and with the TrillNoteHead being shifted to the right there is in fact no
collision between Slur and Accidental.

The only issue this warning may cause you is an unresolved collision between a
Slur and an TrillPitchAccidental.

Cheers,
Valentin