Repeat Segno with MIDI

From: Mark Mathias
Subject: Repeat Segno with MIDI
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2023 15:05:36 -0500

I'm not seeing a post from anyone else exactly on this issue, so...

I like the new repeat structure:
https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.24/Documentation/notation/long-repeats#segno-repeat-structure

The example works with the whole note after volta 1, but if you add more notes, change the rhythm, etc., the pdf doesn't display properly and MIDI generates a warning and doesn't execute the repeat properly. If you put curly brackets around the volta 1 section the problem disappears.

Is this a bug, or am I missing something (as usual).

Thanks,
Mark