Question about text formatting: hard line breaks?

From: Alasdair McAndrew
Subject: Question about text formatting: hard line breaks?
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2023 11:14:35 +1100

Hello,

I have a paragraph of descriptive text that I'd like to display in a box.  Currently I have:

\markup \small \box \wordwrap {
   .... several lines of text here ...
}

This works quite well, except that I'd like to modify some of the line breaks.  I could probably do this by either specifying the text as a list of lines (which I'm not sure how to do: that is, a list of lines all surrounded by a single box).

But in fact it would be easier to simply insert a "hard break" in the text where I want it.  Is this possible?  I know how to add a break to a score, but I can't find if there's an equivalent for text.

And where would I go looking for this - where can I find a comprehensive list of all text commands accepted by lilypond?

Many thanks,
Alasdair

--
Alasdair McAndrew (he/him)