Re: Thanks for the Mac Version of 2.24

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: Thanks for the Mac Version of 2.24
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2023 19:27:06 +0100

On Mon, 2023-01-23 at 16:51 -0700, Carl Sorensen wrote:
> Jonas,
>
> THanks for all your effort in getting a statically linked easily
> installed binary for new versions of MacOS.  I was able to download
> the archive, extract it, and drop it into my applications folder.
> Then I had to permit the necessary binaries to be allowed (by right-
> clicking on them in the Finder, selecting Open, and giving
> permission.  But that was not a big problem, just a minor
> inconvenience.
>
> And as quick as that, I was up and running under Frescobaldi on my
> new MacBook Pro.
>
> Thanks!

Hi Carl,

glad that it works out in practice. It would be nice if we could
simplify the granting of permissions on macOS, but I'm not an expert
and don't know if this could be achieved without paying a fortune to
Apple...

Cheers
Jonas

P.S.: For the future it's better to directly To: or CC: me in emails,
then they will land in my inbox. I only see messages to lilypond-user
by chance (and depending on the subject).