Re: fingering and pedal marking questions

From: Knute Snortum
Subject: Re: fingering and pedal marking questions
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2023 12:00:20 -0800

Maybe this is what you're looking for?

\version "2.22.2"

leftHand = {
  \clef bass
 e,2 g,  |
}
pedal = {
  \set Dynamics.pedalSustainStyle = #'bracket
  % \override Dynamics.SustainPedal.self-alignment-X = #CENTER
  % The line below does what you want, I believe
  \override Dynamics.PianoPedalBracket.shorten-pair = #'(1 . -1)
  s2\sustainOn s2\sustainOff \sustainOn
}

\score {

   <<
     \new Staff = "leftHand"  {  \leftHand  }
     \new Dynamics { \pedal }

Knute Snortum