Tempo Mark with letter

From: Ralph Palmer
Subject: Tempo Mark with letter
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2023 10:16:22 -0800

Greetings -

I'm running LilyPond 2.24.0 under Frescobaldi 3.2 and Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS.

I'm trying to get a tempo indication similar to the included screenshot (I couldn't figure out how to include the screenshot as an attachment - sorry). My problem is the "c." I looked at the documentation and at the archives. I tried multiple ways, but either the 1/4 note comes out as the fraction 1/4 or LilyPond rejects the "c.". I also tried using a tilde ("~") instead of "=c.", but no joy. It's not a huge deal, but if someone could point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

All the best,

Ralph

image.png

______