Re: temporarily overriding paper variables

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: temporarily overriding paper variables
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2023 22:07:37 +0200

Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> writes:

> Le mercredi 29 mars 2023 à 10:58 +0000, Werner LEMBERG a écrit :
>> ```

>> > Okay, then I think we are hitting something else.
>>
>> It seems so, yes.  Jean, do you have an idea?  Shall I submit an
>> issue?
>
> I am not yet sure if this is a bug or not.

I'd call it more of an inconsistency with regard to behavior of
something for which (ly:stencil-empty ... #X) returns #t (namely
vertical spacing).  The behavior inside of markup itself is to space and
pad the adjacent vertical elements as if the vertical spacing weren't
there, then add the spacing.

--
David Kastrup