linterna-magica-users

Re: [linterna-magica-users] [Trisquel-users] Linterna Magica problem

From: Ivaylo Valkov
Subject: Re: [linterna-magica-users] [Trisquel-users] Linterna Magica problem
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2011 21:08:22 +0200

В 17:30 +0100 на 02.12.2011 (пт), address@hidden написа:
> The video seems to work now correctly. I tested using version 0.10-2 on
> Midori earlier today and other videos worked fine

I've noticed today that YouTube had a redesign and I am happy that
Linterna Mágica is working (so far) without modifications. Might have
been a glitch, because of some changes they did.

> except the one I posted, so
> maybe it was a cookie issue.

Linterna Magica should take care of cookies. First it saves them, then
deletes them, then requests the page again and then if configured to
(default), restores saved values.

> Is there any way to make Abrowser automatically upgrade Greasemonkey scripts?

I don't know any. Linterna Mágica by default reports (at least it
should) when newer version is available. It should show an icon at the
header, next to the logo. Other than that nothing can be done, as long
as it is a Greasemonkey script.

> And where can I download Abrowser 8 from (Trisquel 5.0 has version 7.0.1)?

I'm with 5.0 and my version of Abrowser is 8.0. Missing updates?

> Also is there any way to use Linterna Magica with Arora browser (a QtWebKit
> browser)?

Unfortunately, no. Arora had no userscripts support last time I checked.
I've investigated the possibility of using custom plugin/extension,
because I wanted to run Linterna Mágica on my FreeRunner with Arora. So
far, I haven't figured out exactly how it could work, I have no code and
haven't put (much) effort in it. Might not happen at all, unless Arora
releases a version with userscripts support.

> Thanks for your help (and speedy reply).

You are welcome.

P.S. A copy was sent to linterna-magica-users at nongnu dot org. If you
are replying via e-mail, please keep it.