lmi

Re: [lmi] libxslt no longer builds

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] libxslt no longer builds
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2020 19:49:16 +0200

On Sun, 27 Sep 2020 17:38:29 +0000 Greg Chicares <gchicares@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

GC> Vadim--Have you any idea how we could fix this?

 Yes, I've had to do it recently. There are 2 changes that are needed (you
don't see the need for the second one yet because it will only arise once
the first one is fixed):

1. You need to upgrade to libxslt 1.1.34 or just cherry-pick this commit:

https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/libxslt/-/commit/b93a4d03a204dcb55a7b6341cef6f03e3eee291d

2. Apply my patch, which isn't yet integrated into the upstream, from
   https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/libxslt/-/merge_requests/24/diffs

GC> Everything, including libxslt and libexslt, built successfully on
GC> 20200727T1042Z. The makefile for the XML and XSLT libraries hasn't
GC> changed materially.
GC>
GC> It seems like this must have something to do with the MinGW-w64 packages,
GC> yet those report the same versions I'd used in July:

 This is really surprising. I've just assumed that these problems are due
to some compiler changes, because that's the only thing which made sense to
me, but I didn't even bother to check this. I probably should do it, but in
the meanwhile the fixes are above.

 And, of course, I'd still like to _really_ fix this by switching to using
our own libxslt version from the submodule, as I've recently proposed. I
doubt I'm going to be able to do it today, but if you can wait until
tomorrow, I should be able to have it working by then, I think -- but
please let me know if you're waiting for it, so that I could move this task
to the front of my TODO queue.

 Thanks,
VZ