lout-users

Re: Lout parsing

From: Greg A. Woods
Subject: Re: Lout parsing
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 96 11:48:52 -0500 (EST)

[ On Sun, February 18, 1996 at 09:53:31 (-0600), Peter da Silva wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: Lout parsing
>
> What's wrong with using different symbols for the two different kinds of
> period? It's not so often that you use a dot other than at the end of a
> sentence, why not \. it?

Of course!  It's not the whitespace's fault -- it's the punctuation's!

Thanks for that bit of insight Peter!

So, how about it?  We use some form of escaped punctuation character
when we don't want it to indicate an end-of-sentence?  Is there any
existing practice doing this that we can draw upon?

--
                                                        Greg A. Woods

+1 416 443-1734                 VE3TCP                  robohack!woods
Planix, Inc. <address@hidden>; Secrets of the Weird <address@hidden>