lout-users

reuquest for change (i think)

From: C. Wesseling
Subject: reuquest for change (i think)
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 96 10:14:35 MET

Dear all and especially Jeff,

would like to request some features that let me do the following, or
some tips how this can be done with the current release:

We are working on a large manual (over 400 pages) that contains about
200 pages of reference pages for all commands in our 'computer language'.
We are using the Book layout and the reference pages are a separate chapter
with one section for each command.

Only for the chapter with the reference pages we want a different layout:
 - No section numbers
 - A running header in large font containing the section name
   (= command described in the reference page)
 - a page break between section (already possible with @NP).
 - while keeping the sections mentioned in the table of contents.

My first thought is that this requires more flexibility in defining Chapters
and Section with their own options for PageHeaders and SectionNumbering.

Thanks in advance and more thanks for Lout in general, great stuff!

 Cees Wesseling              | PO BOX 80.115   | email: address@hidden
 Dept. of Physical Geography | 3508 TC Utrecht | phone: (+31) 30 2532768
 University of Utrecht       | the Netherlands | fax:   (+31) 30 2540604