lout-users

Re: Lout Version 3.07 sneak preview

From: Edward S. Hirgelt
Subject: Re: Lout Version 3.07 sneak preview
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 1996 16:02:20 -0800

    Jeff> A new version of Lout, Version 3.07, is available for sneak
    Jeff> preview

Thanks, Jeff.

I've run about a dozen documents through it so far and have found it
to be working just fine. I like @InitialSpace{tex} because I can
finally indent lists and make them a bit more readable (to my eye).

The only anomaly is one document took about 6 passes before I stopped
getting unresolved cross references for @Runner&&following (page
numbers).  3.06 got there faster. I suspect that this is related to
the optimal page layout strategy that Lout uses now.  I don't find
this to be a problem at all.

As time permits I'll try out some of the other features...

Thanks again,
Ed
 Edward S. Hirgelt              "Education is the ability to listen to
 TIBCO Inc.                     almost anything without losing your
 530 Lytton Avenue, Suite 301   temper or your self-confidence."
 Palo Alto, Ca 94301                            --Robert Frost
 address@hidden    415 833 2763