lout-users

fonts

From: panitz
Subject: fonts
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 1996 09:38:35 +0200

Sorry if this is in some FAQ...

I down-loaded lout last week and successfully installed it on
hp-ux (got the hint from a post to comp.lang.functional).
Usually I am using TeX at the moment, but lout looks
promising. I have some questions concerning fonts:

 - ghostscript does not seem to be able to display postscript
   documents created by lout. The fonts seem to be missing. Is this
   a general problem or just due to our installation. The documents
   print fine on our postscript printer.

 - I am using TeX for typesetting music (and I am not very satisfied
   with TeX). So I am thinking of implementing a music typesetting
   system in lout. Therefore I would like to use the music fonts
   created for TeX. Is there a general way how to transform TeX-fonts
   for use in lout. As I see, this has been done for mathematical
   fonts of TeX.

 - Finally, is there a lout version for Mac Power-PCs to be expected
   someday?

thanks

Sven Eric

Sven Eric Panitz