lout-users

Mailing list (Was: Vertical centering in tables ... )

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 11:38:15 +0400

Nimrod,

actually, I expected, that the day someone will complain about the
list archive, he'll use much stronger words. ;-)

On Tue, Apr 14, 1998 at 03:25:05AM +0300, Nimrod Zimerman wrote:

> It so happens that the HOWTO document, linked to from the official
> website, is not accessible.

I always has had connectivity problems with Eric's site even in the
days I got average 40Kbytes/s with most of the States/Europe.

> The mailing list itself is, and I trust I'm revealing a known
> secret, not very useful at locating specific stuff, since it lacks
> any kind of search facility.

SmartList archive do have search facility, but I guess nowadays when
web is full with all that Java, ShockWave, VRML stuff searching via
email is somewhat ... old fashioned.

> Since the archive is not huge, an idea - make it all downloadable,

Well, may be.

> Also, HyperMail's threading ability is, at best, amusing. I trust
> that's not a big secret either. <g>

It's disgusting.  I especially hate its habbit of loosing messages
from threaded index when replies arrive out of order.  I do consider
switching to mhonarc, as I've mentioned on the list recently, but I
just have no time.  I'll happily junk hypermail as soon as possible.

SY, Uwe,
Lout mailing list maintainer.