lout-users

Latin2 and Russian

From: Rafalek Polonski
Subject: Latin2 and Russian
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 01:59:49 +0200

Hello,
Could someone tell me if I am thinking right.
When I use lout 3.10 and want to write in Polish (Latin2) I sholud get Latin2
package from Lout distribution AND fonts which has polish character inside.
Right?
The same for russian...get cyrrilic fonts separetly?
AND get font metrics(afm) for them?

2) There is also fontdefs file, which contains font names. As I suppose these
names are default Adobe fonts which comes together with Ghostscript.
Latin2 package put latin2.fd file into include directory.
There is line: fontdef TimesCE         BoldSC          { Times-BoldSC
Ti-BdSC

As postscript file is chosen name of font which has no polish or russian
characters. When I use TimesCE in Lout (postscript file is without Latin2
chars).
So if I want use my own ps file, where should I put it?

Sorry for so many questions.
Unfortunatelly I have almost no knowledge about lout/lateX and postscript
fonts so that's why so many questions :)
thx.
have a nice day