lout-users

Re: Latin2 and Russian

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Subject: Re: Latin2 and Russian
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 14:42:14 +0400

On Thu, Sep 03, 1998 at 01:59:49AM +0200, Rafalek Polonski wrote:

> When I use lout 3.10 and want to write in Polish (Latin2) I sholud
> get Latin2 package from Lout distribution AND fonts which has polish
> character inside.  Right?
>
> The same for russian...get cyrrilic fonts separetly?
> AND get font metrics(afm) for them?

Yes, you're right.  Lout only needs AFM files to format the document
but obviously you'll need the fonts to print or view it.

> So if I want use my own ps file, where should I put it?

. put a `fontdef' in your mydefs.lt file.

  fontdef MyFont Base { MyFontPostScriptName MyFntAFMFile LtLatin2.LCM Recode }
  # and so on for Bold, Slope etc

. in your document refer to the font name defined in the previous
  step, e.g. specify

      @InitialFont { MyFont Base 12p }

. put the AFM file where lout can find it (you can use -F option to
  make lout look for AFM file in non-standard places).

. put the font file where your PostScript software can find it, so
  that you can view and/or print the lout output.

Hope that helps.

SY, Uwe