lout-users

Included graphics and background art

From: Alister Pillow
Subject: Included graphics and background art
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 1998 15:49:10 +0900

Hi, two questions:
I'm producing a book from text marked up in XML. My eps graphics currently
weigh in at 491MB and that's just 1 chapter. I would like to be able to
keep the graphics as separate files from the main postscript output. Is
this possible?

Also, I'd like to have a bar drawn down the 'outside' of each page
providing a visible indication of which chapter you are looking at. The bar
would have a height = pageHeight/chapters and its position would be
dependant on chapter number.  I'm finding it hard to construct a box of any
sort (with @Diag)  in the running header or background due to scoping
problems.

Thanks in advance.
--
Alister Pillow
N-Space Pty Ltd

Advanced web application design and development
http://www.n-space.com.au
mailto:address@hidden
phone:(08) 8359 2470