lout-users

Re: HP4000

From: Peter Samuel
Subject: Re: HP4000
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 12:39:45 +1100 (EST)

On Wed, 10 Feb 1999, Robert Valliant wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Feb 1999, Peter Samuel wrote:
>
> > > Do you think 8 MB is too little based on what you know of the prepend
> > > files?
> >
> > Could be a little on the low side. Did you try converting to PCL
> > first? I'd expect the PCL to perform without any errors as extraneous
> > PostScript code will have been expunged by ghostscript in the PS to
> > PCL conversion.
> >
> > If you don;t want to go to the trouble of setting up another print
> > queue use this
> >
> >     gs -sDEVICE=ljet4 -q -dNOPAUSE -sOutputFile="| lpr -Php4000" \
> >     your_file.ps -c quit
>

> I did indeed print the file with no problems with the above command line
> ghostscript.
>
> It even printed a second sheet telling me who had printed it.

The second banner sheet could be part of your lpr setup. It certainly
isn't part of the ghostscript output.

Are you using lpr that came with RedHat linux or some other lpr
package such as LPRng?

Regards
Peter
Peter Samuel                                address@hidden
Technical Consultant                        or at present:
Uniq Professional Services,                 address@hidden
a division of X-Direct Pty Ltd
Phone: +61 2 9206 3410                      Fax: +61 2 9281 1301

"If you kill all your unhappy customers, you'll only have happy ones left"