lout-users

Re: AcroReader

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Subject: Re: AcroReader
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 02:26:29 +0300

Since this is a followup to an off-line discussion here's what the
discussion is about.

The Adobe Acrobat 3 have a bug, it seems, when it works with scaled
CTM.  Since Lout emits PS/PDF is a scaled coordinates (internal unit
being 1/20 pt), the text in Lout PDF output doesn't look smooth in
Acrobat and is uneditable with Exchnage (text gets jammed).

On Thu, Feb 25, 1999 at 08:17:51AM +1000, Jeff Kingston wrote:

> > AcroReader 4.0 seems ok, text looks smooth.  I guess we still have to
> > provide a workaround for the bug as an option.
>
> Whatever happened to throwing away the old, defective version?

Hmm, the first _beta_ of AcroReader 4.0 is availbale for only a week
or so and only for Windows and Mac.  The full product (Exchange) is
not yet available, AFAIK.  I guess that Acrobat 3 suite will still be
around for several years.

SY, Uwe