lout-users

Re: PageSize

From: Peter Samuel
Subject: Re: PageSize
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 12:13:52 +1100 (EST)

On Wed, 3 Feb 1999, Peter Samuel wrote:

> On Mon, 1 Feb 1999, Monty Zukowski wrote:
>
> > I've been generating some PostScript with Lout to be printed on a plotter
> > and when I print it reels off a few extra feet of paper.  I consulted the
> > printer manufacturer's web site, and they recommended adding a PostScript
> > command such as this:
> >
> > <</PageSize [1584 2448]>>setpagedevice
> >
> > This sets the page size for the device (which can change since it prints off
> > of a roll of paper.  I have been using a lout setup file with the proper
> > margins and page size set to Other with appropriate sizes, but that didn't
> > make the printer happy.
> >
> > So, what's the best way to get that PostScript command into the Lout file
> > for generation?  Do you know if there is a preferred place to include it
> > into the document?
>
> I have a package called psenlarge that will take PS and convert it to
> PS with the relevant setpagedevice contructs. It requires Perl 5.x and
> ghostscript 5.x (tested with 5.10 and 5.50). It uses the pswrite driver
> to "normalise" the input PostScript. pswrite has a couple of little
> quirks ...

I've updated psenlarge to handle the recent patches to gs-5.50. It
will now work with gs-5.10, gs-5.50 (vanilla) and gs-5.50 with the
990220b patch.

It is available from

    ftp://ftp.uniq.com.au/pub/tools/psenlarge-1.4.tar.gz

Regards
Peter
Peter Samuel                                address@hidden
Technical Consultant                        or at present:
Uniq Professional Services,                 address@hidden
a division of X-Direct Pty Ltd
Phone: +61 2 9206 3410                      Fax: +61 2 9281 1301

"If you kill all your unhappy customers, you'll only have happy ones left"