lout-users

Posting from a different address.

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Subject: Posting from a different address.
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 22:27:48 +0300

Dear list subscribers.

Let me use this occasion to remind you that you can only post to the
list from the address you used to subscribe to the list.  This is done
to prevent spam penetrating the list and I hope that you appreciate
this inconvenience.

If you have several email accounts and you post to the list from
several of them, but still want to receive postings to the list only
at one of them you have an easy option to subscribe your alternative
accounts to an auxiliary no-traffic list whose sole purpose is to have
a list of email addresses that are allowed to post to the main list.

Simply send subscribe/unsubscribe message (the command should be in the
subject line) from your alternative address to:

    address@hidden

Just putting your alternative address in Reply-To: field of the
request will suffice.  Just repeat this step for all the alternate
addresses you have.

Note that your subscription status for the auxiliary list is completely
independent from your subscription to the main list.

Check list archives for my original posting with details of this
scheme.

PS: John, I've put your ACM address on the auxiliary list manually, so
    now your posts to the main list from that address will be handled
    automatically.

SY, Uwe