lout-users

Re: evidence for the quality/impact of Lout

From: Wolfram Kahl
Subject: Re: evidence for the quality/impact of Lout
Date: 25 Mar 1999 10:15:08 -0000

Dear Jeff,

   I have published my paper inspired by Lout's galley concept
in the PADL'99 proceedings; I amply cite your work:

address@hidden @Tag {Kahl-1999a-x} # galleys PADL
 @Type {InProceedings}
 @Author {Wolfram Kahl}
 @Title {Beyond Pretty-Printing:  Galley Concepts in Document Formatting
Combinators}
 @Year {1999}
 @Publisher {Springer-Verlag}
 @TitleNote {LNCS}
 @Volume {1551}
 @Pages {76--90}
 @InAuthor {Gopal Gupta (ed.)}
 @InTitle {Practical Aspects of Declarative Languages,
First International Workshop, PADL '99, San Antonio,
Texas, USA, January 1999, Proceedings}
}

For you (and the list) the PostScript is available via

http://diogenes.informatik.unibw-muenchen.de:8080/kahl/PAPERS/Kahl-1999a_PADL.ps.gz

--- please do not redistribute.

In the declarative (functional and logic) programming community present
at that conference, only one or two people knew Lout before, and these
were not aware that there is a functional programming language underlying it.
In general, the response towards Lout was of great interest.

The above and the following two published papers are written in Lout.
Besides, Lout is also the default (and currently only properly supported)
document output mechanism for the literate term graph programming system
HOPS described in the next reference:

address@hidden @Tag {Kahl-1999c-x} # HOPS Malente
 @Type {InProceedings}
 @Author {Wolfram Kahl}
 @Title {The Term Graph Programming System address@hidden
 @Year {1999}
 @Month {March}
 @Publisher {Springer-Verlag}
 @Address {Vienna}
 @TitleNote {Advances in Computing Science}
# @Pages {??}
 @InAuthor {Rudolf Berghammer, Yassine Lakhnech (eds.)}
 @InTitle {Tool Support for System Specification, Development and Verification}
 @Note {ISBN: 3-211-83282-3}
}

address@hidden @Tag {Kahl-1998d-x} # ITSOTG WG'98
 @Type {InProceedings}
 @Author {Wolfram Kahl}
 @Title {Internally Typed Second-Order Term Graphs}
 @Year {1998}
 @Publisher {Springer-Verlag}
 @TitleNote {LNCS 1517}
# @Volume {1517}
 @Pages {149--163}
 @InAuthor {Juraj Hromkovic, Ondrej Sýkora (eds.)}
 @InTitle {Graph Theoretic Concepts in Computer Science, {24th International
Workshop, WG '98, Smolenice Castle, Slovak Republic, June 1998, Proceedings}}
}

(BibTeX records and more information, including to the publisher's
pages about these books, are available via my home page:

http://diogenes.informatik.unibw-muenchen.de:8080/kahl/

)

The format of the LNCS contributions has got an okay from
Springer Verlag Heidelberg; they have agreed to include
a pointer on their LNCS authour's page
once I finish packaging this properly ---
I am working towards adapting my LNCS format to 3.13.
(Anybody interested can get a not extremely tidy conglomerate of
files that work with 3.12).

Besides myself, there are also a few students here who use Lout
as their default typesetting mechanism.

Many thanks for this wonderful system that I do not want to miss!

Best regards,

Wolfram