lout-users

Re: ref list in order of appearance

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Subject: Re: ref list in order of appearance
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 04:28:48 +0400

On Wed, May 05, 1999 at 08:44:38PM +0400, Mikko Huhtala wrote:

> I'd like to sort my list of references in the order of appearance in the
> text. The 3.13 User's Guide states quite bluntly that "there is no way to
> sort by order of first appearance in the document" (page 102).

The problem is that to have multiple galleys dropped (and you only
want one entry in the reference list for each reference, no matter how
many times you cite it) you have to use sorted galleys.  But
constructing the key that will be the sequence number of the first
time you cite a reference is not trivial since every citation must use
the same key and so you have to figure out whether to construct the
key (the first time) or reuse the key (subsequent citations).

SY, Uwe