lout-users

RE: Lout gui

From: mzukowski
Subject: RE: Lout gui
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 11:21:41 -0700

The NeXT windowing system was based on Display PostScript, and it is a well
thought out and fast rendering technology.  Currently GhostScript is being
extended to include the "Display" extensions for the GNUStep project
http://www.gnustep.org.  Display PostScript is very mature technology and I
have no doubts it could be easily used for a great interactive editor.  As
for the speed of Lout, I haven't done any profiling so I can't answer to
that.

Monty