lout-users

Latin2

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Latin2
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 1999 10:04:30 +1000

The arrangement

    @SysInclude { latin2 }
    @SysInclude { doc }

is more likely to work than having doc first.

The latin2 file just includes latin2.fd, which contains font definitions
that refer to a character mapping file "LtLatin2.LCM", which, as I've
just checked, does not exist in directory $(LOUTLIB)/maps where the other
character mapping files are.

I'm flummoxed.  Was there ever a LtLatin2.LCM?  It would not be hard to
make one, but I'm at a loss as to why it isn't there already.  Could some
of the central europeans shed some light on what is going on?

Once this is solved the rest should be OK, because latin2.fd refers to
existing fonts, which from memory do indeed contain all the accented
characters.  It's just the LCM file we need.  If anyone has one can
you send it please; if not I'll add it to my list of jobs.

Jeff