lout-users

DSC problems with Postscript

From: Tamas Papp
Subject: DSC problems with Postscript
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 18:24:53 +0200

I have a problem with tables generated by lout. I wrote a file, using
the new table format (Tbl), and used lout 3.16 to generate a
Postscript file. When I previewed it in gv, it looked just fine, but
when I printed it (using magicfilter+gs, since my printer is not a
postscript printer), only the page number came out, no tables. If I
turn the "Respect DSC" option off, gv behaves like gs, that is to say,
it shows no tables.

With strace, it seems that gv preprocesses the PS file, and passes it
on to gs, so tables work, but I don't know how to do it. Maybe there
is some kind of program that does it. A permanent solution or a quick
hack would be appreciated, otherwise I have to find a PS printer.

I can send the lout source, if it would help.

Thanks in advance,

Tamas