lout-users

lout output in ghostscript

From: Hanus Adler
Subject: lout output in ghostscript
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 08:53:38 +0200

Hi,

I've been trying lout with the latin2 support. When I try to display
lout output (either PS or PDF), it substitutes most of latin2
accented characters with spaces. However, when I print it on my
postscript printer, it is ok (except for left quote, which lout refuses
to use at all).

Maybe this means ghostscript lacks the correct fonts, while the printer
has them. However I need my documents to be readable on any machine in
the world. So is there anything I could do, like include the fonts right
into the lout output (TeX does this, afaik)? And where should I look for
such correct fonts?

I use lout 3.17 and ghostscript 5.50 on Linux (Redhat 5.2).

thanks for any help,

Hanus Adler

--
Microsoft is not the answer. Microsoft is the question,
and the answer is no.