lout-users

Re: Drop adjusted capital

From: Giovanni Zezza
Subject: Re: Drop adjusted capital
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2000 22:13:07 +0100

Il Wed, 5 Jan 2000 18:55:15 +0300, Valeriy E. Ushakov scriveva:

>No.  Font metrics only specify bounding box of a glyph.  Also, note
>that the widths of the "ladder" also depend on the font size you use,
>becuase lines will be "jamming" into the drop-cap at different
>heights.

I've read that you posted a solution for "text around illustrations"
(that's analogous, though more complex, to the present problem); I wasn't
able to find it, though. (I got all "latest" and "1999-10-14" archives from
the list, but this message wasn't here.)

I've found some other discouraging discussions about this problem in
general, too; I think though that, in this restricted form, something
enough good could be achieved.

Ciao.