lout-users

Re: Lout and Latin-2 + PDF

From: Eric Marsden
Subject: Re: Lout and Latin-2 + PDF
Date: 09 Mar 2000 09:48:58 +0100

  nb> Thanks, but I have another problem: how can I generate latin2
  nb> Hungarian accents in PDF directly from lout?

from what I have understood from the discussions on the list (I don't
have any first-hand experience with this), it should be sufficient to
use the corresponding @Char symbols.

You will still run into the missing glyphs problem, but given that
Lout cannot (currently) embed fonts in PDF documents, I don't think
there is a solution.  I believe that Distiller (commercial) is able
to embed fonts when converting from Postscript; perhaps ps2pdf from
ghostview is also able to do so?

--
Eric Marsden