lout-users

Re: still 'import' problems

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Subject: Re: still 'import' problems
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 23:56:02 +0400

On Tue, Apr 04, 2000 at 07:23:55PM +0300, address@hidden wrote:

> in older version of Lout for the _same_ set of defs I didn't have
> any single 'import' in mydefs file whatsoever, and it worked
> perfectly ?!?.

> My trouble is that I use it _very_ often (a lot of small defs using
> @B, @Degree etc... and now each of them gets his own import - same
> line repeated many many times).  Ok, I'll go for it and restructure
> my mydefs file if this is the 'official' and the only way to do it.

In 3.12 @B was top-level.  Now it's defined in @BasicSetup.  That
makes sense, as it keeps the top-level namespace clean.

Also note, that in 3.12 you cannot 'def' anything after '@Use'.  Now
you can, so can simply tweak your setup file to include mydefs after
invocations of @Use where exported symbols are already visible.

You can also group definitions in "modules" and @Use the module:

    import @Buzz # or 'extend' if you need private symbols from @Buzz

    export @MyFoo @MyBar ...